Oturan Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
Suggestion - Occupation System Mmorpg11
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
Suggestion - Occupation System EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestion - Occupation System

+3
YoungCoco
Oturan
NostalgiaX
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Suggestion - Occupation System Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm

NostalgiaX

NostalgiaX
Academy Student
Academy Student

OK. I'm gonna try to put this as simply as I can... which I fail at.

My idea for an Occupation System was to have each character gain a "job." For example:

Student
Genin
Chuunin
Jounin

Something like that. How I imagined it being done was more complex than just leveling up.

Here's how I imagined it:
No Job -> Student - Enter the academy and attend a class/talk to a teacher. Upon doing this, you gain the "Student" title. (i.e. "NostalgiaX - Student")

Student -> Genin - Take a test at the academy. Upon passing the class, you gain the "Genin" title. (i.e. "NostagliaX - Genin")

Genin -> Chunin - Complete a specific amount of missions and enter the *Chuunin Exam. Upon winning, or other conditions, you gain the "Chuunin" title.

Chuunin -> Jounin - Uh... I dunno.

*Chuunin Exam - For the Chuunin Exam, I was thinking it could maybe be an event that's held either once a week or once a month. A mod/admin or two will decide what would be in the exam, and the final test would be several PVPs like a tournament. The winner automatically gains the Chuunin title, and the mods/admins vote on who else will obtain the title.

... I don't think I forgot to mention anything else...

EDIT

Yes, there was. For the titles, I was thinking that they could maybe increase the players' stats.

2Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Oturan

Oturan
Kage
Kage

Well this is all basic stuff that should be in a naruto game. I wouldn't call them jobs though. They are called Ranking.

Thanks Smile

http://oturanonline.ultimaterpg.org

3Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:51 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Yep, Ranking.....However, discussing the Basics is never a bad idea. It clears things up and also allows for further improvement or additions to be made by the community. You never know, Something may come up that could individualise Oturan.

4Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Coco The Wise has spoken!

Had to do that, lol.

http://datgai.webs.com

5Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:03 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Coco is always Wise. The fact I am a decrepit of mind and a well spoken simpleton means Wisdom comes easily to me.

6Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I love the idea of jobs though, so I will get back on topic.
It think there should be NPCs around large villages, as well as one hidden one, that you speak to then collect some item or perform a remedial task to gain money, but not xp because people will exploit badly if you do xp gain through jobs.

The hidden one I mentioned should be a Mercenary.
This job requires you to go into one of the main villages and kill NPC or PC characters and once you get the required amount of blood spilled/kills you get some cash.
NPCs give you like 1 unit of blood spilled whereas player characters give you .5 units times thier level or something

The NPC to initiate this job should be available during evening/night only and should be in some random location and look inconspicuous.

P.S. Coco better read my Exam posting.

7Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm

NostalgiaX

NostalgiaX
Academy Student
Academy Student

Scipio wrote:I love the idea of jobs though, so I will get back on topic.
It think there should be NPCs around large villages, as well as one hidden one, that you speak to then collect some item or perform a remedial task to gain money, but not xp because people will exploit badly if you do xp gain through jobs.
Give them a low amount of EXP like some game that I feel I shouldn't mention does.

Scipio wrote:The hidden one I mentioned should be a Mercenary.
This job requires you to go into one of the main villages and kill NPC or PC characters and once you get the required amount of blood spilled/kills you get some cash.
NPCs give you like 1 unit of blood spilled whereas player characters give you .5 units times thier level or something

The NPC to initiate this job should be available during evening/night only and should be in some random location and look inconspicuous.
So... pretty much, put a bounty on someone's head? Yeah. It'd be kinda nice/awful if players could request a bounty on someone.

8Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:04 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

If you give xp for a job then people with no life can become high level by simply doing that job all day.

Not any specific kills, just getting kills.
A member of Akatsuki in plain clothes would give this job, just to see people be killed and spread panic.

Avoid insulting the poster's idea, especially when you don't understand the post.

9Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:49 am

kenpachi

kenpachi
Chuunin
Chuunin

does anyone know what the jounin exam is?
or i was told that the kage just picks chunin that are good to become jounin
and to become kage you have win the kage in a duel best of 3 lol

i will be the hokage,and il never give up, that my nindo my ninja way

10Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

To><iC

To><iC
Genin
Genin

1st Postit would be interessting that one NPC gives you the task to assassinate one of the real players. However, I'm not quite sure if that is possible. I was thinking it would pick the target randomly. I.d.k if you're capable of scripting that Very Happy

P.S. I'm not underestimating your scripting skills, I'm just asking myself if that's possible, and do you require some sort of a special program for doing that. Smile

2nd Post
Scipio wrote:If you give xp for a job then people with no life can become high level by simply doing that job all day.

Not any specific kills, just getting kills.
A member of Akatsuki in plain clothes would give this job, just to see people be killed and spread panic.

Avoid insulting the poster's idea, especially when you don't understand the post.

It is possible to make missions to be completed only once. I believe that's the most likely to be. Same thing would happen for money. Do the same mission over and over again to gain a lot of money. As far as I'm concerned, money rules Very Happy I'd say, people would be upgrading fast if they are rich.

11Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

*Warning for Toxic on the Double Post*

By the way, the way you explained your idea doesn't make it real clear, at least not to me.

12Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

he means something like bounty but the game randomly picks the person who has to be hunted to get the bounty and I must say this could be pretty good game in the game Very Happy

13Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Ah, now I understand it, and it might be fun but it would be so unfair because then that unsuspecting guy who is now that target is about to get jumped....

14Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:55 pm

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

This must be an event organized by a gm Smile

EDIT
Or the guy could teleported somewhere in a nonpk zone and warned ?

15Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I guess but alot of people would hate to be that target. You tp 'em to you, say You are about to be attacked and they'll be like, no, wtf?

16Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

yea but they'd love to be hunters right ? anyway this could be avoided too only people who singed for this event could participate ?

17Suggestion - Occupation System Empty Re: Suggestion - Occupation System Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:11 pm

To><iC

To><iC
Genin
Genin

No no you didnt understand. Every person gets a different target. And then, if you want, you can go in groups and help each other finish the mission.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum