Oturan Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mmorpg11
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:19 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Now, I am far from a perfect Spriting Artist....I work too long and hard to actually improve my skills of the artistry of pixellation.

But, I thought I would Branch out this once, and make an attempt at Tiles.

My first Tile is a Dirt/Sand Footpath....Something you may find in the village of Konoha. It took about 30mins to plan and make, although, I should probably have spent slightly longer on the colorations and positioning.

I feel my first attempt is pretty good though, and honestly does not look overly bad when pieced together.

Anyway, here are my examples:

Sandy/Dirt Footpath Tile

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Sandy-DirtFootpathTile

Sandy/Dirt Footpath "Alpha" Mock Up

By Alpha Mock Up, I mean that no Grass Tiles or Verges have been included.

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Sandy-DirtFootpathAlphaTestNoGrasso

So What do you guys think? As a starting Point.

UPDATE

NEW Dirt Footpath Tile (Still In Progress)

Random Sh*t on a Tile is a better dirt footpath than my original attempt.

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery DirtFootpath

Last edited by YoungCoco on Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : IMG Addition)

2Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:13 am

hahavis

hahavis
Genin
Genin

The first thing that pops in my head ? Shit these guys here are good ... but the shadows are little pissing. Maybe if you lower the rocks number or something ... But then again I am as bad as shit at this so I won't be mad if you don't listen Very Happy

3Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:12 am

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I would just add varying turfs, like a mix of that one, cause it looks great, and another one mixed in with fewer rocks.

http://datgai.webs.com

4Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:48 am

To><iC

To><iC
Genin
Genin

yea. like make 4 types of dirt that could be connected. I like that idea.

5Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Taken and Noted. Thanks a lot for the comments from both professional and amateur points of view. I'm downloading an image of the Konoha Footpaths now as so I can create a FEW tiles using the referential colours and design. I'll probably create 2-4 tiles with alternate designs....see how it turns out.

Also, Is the shadowing that bad? Should I exclude them completely?

Last edited by YoungCoco on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra Question)

6Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I love the shadowing really, just with a veriety it won't look so crowded, as it does now.

7Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Well, if it's an official path, which many people will and have walked upon, it most likely won't have many rocks.

And if there are rocks on the path, they'd be small.

Try using more of a brown color, and mix in slightly lighter shades of it. Along with some darker shades as well.

8Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

I was actually starting to create a serious Dirt Footpath tile. But ended up with complete randomness. Placing Alternately shaded pixels in generally oturandom postions. Worst thing is, it looks far better than my very first attempt. It does still need work, however, and I'll be doing just that with some more general randomness.

Anyway, tell me what you think of my current progress.

THE RANDOM MAP TILE

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery DirtFootpath

9Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Coco, love the use of "oturandomness" and I like the updated one. I would still say some bigger rocks could be on the other edge, not every step on the edge because it wouldnt be realistic but still a few larger rocks would just make it pop out more to me.

10Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Nonetheless, there will always be a spot in the world for such paths. Worry not.

i'll show you what I mean some point this week.

11Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:52 am

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

D'oh....Tydons gonna show me up wit something now. lol

12Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 am

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Haha, don't feel bad if Tydon shows you up Coco, I've seen CAD Class projects that are bad compared to what he does with such a small canvas....

13Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:15 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

Just thought I would share an update with you guys. Just created another Dirt Tile to match my existing attempt, AND, this is what I created using the two tiles put together.

Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery DirtFootpath2TileAlphaMock

It isnt so much a creation....It's just a piece together to see how they'd look side by side etc.

What do you guys think *Closes eyes and hopes for praise*

14Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:37 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Well, quite possibly 100% better than the last. Looks much more like dirt to me. Although, still a little rocky, I love it!

It would do well to place in the village hidden in the rocks! lol

15Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 pm

To><iC

To><iC
Genin
Genin

way better than the first attempt ^_^ good work

16Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Empty Re: Coco's First Ever Mapping Gallery Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm

YoungCoco

YoungCoco
Veteran
Veteran

What I'll do then, I'll make a couple of tiles with sparse dirt clots....piecing them together then would probably be so much the better for spacing out the STONES (Not really Rocks; Rocks would take up a couple of tiles themselves by all accounts). Gimme a little while and I'll have a workable set for the footpaths. Erm, have we got a Grass Tile that we WILL be using yet by the way, or is that being formed from scratch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum