Oturan Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
Oturan Tree. Mmorpg11
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
Oturan Tree. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
Oturan Tree. EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
Oturan Tree. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Oturan Tree. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Oturan Tree. EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
Oturan Tree. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
Oturan Tree. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
Oturan Tree. EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oturan Tree.

+2
gdog12356
Tydon
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oturan Tree. Empty Oturan Tree. Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Now, it just wouldn't be right to have one type of tree all over the world right? That's what I was thinking.

Now, over time i'll be creating many new different kinds of trees based on the regions climate.

Konoha: Oaks, Pine, Cherry blossom... That spring season kind of stuff!

Suna: Hmmm haha, I think we'll go with some cactus and other desert like plants!

Mist: Geographical features have only been shown a slight bit, but no worries. I'll do as much research as possible, and if anyone has any kinds of suggestions, please post them in this topic!

Sound: Same as above. But there's plenty of trees out there in the real world which we could use reference to! If we have to use those, by all means we'll do it to ensure that Oturan is a beautiful and creative world.

Now, i'll be posting the stages of my tree sprite, just to show some people who have begun to sprite or who wish to learn a little more can learn from hopefully.

I'm not the best spriter but I can try Smile

First up, We have our rough sketch, I didn't bother doing concept art, because I see that as a waste of time... and instead I do it with pixels!

Oturan Tree. Oturan16

It's about 110 Pixels wide and 134 pixels in width. Nothing to perfect, just an estimate of a decent sized tree. Most tree's in Oturan will be around the 100-200 pixel size. Maybe some trees will be "Huge" as in 250+ like the Sequoia Trees found in California, U.S!

Also, since i'm not the original spriter for the tree that is currently being used, it is clear that we have a different style. I'll do my best to mimic that and make them look somewhat similar!

Alright! 30 seconds later, we have the second step. This is by far the easiest step of all, just look how much time it takes to complete Laughing

This step was the fill-in process. A step which creates a base for shading and dithering!

I've used the most common brown and green found in the other tree, and simply filled in the corresponding areas.

Oturan Tree. Oturan17

Ok, 2 minutes later, i've made a very subtle change to the sprite.

It may be a little hard to see at the moment, but if you look closely, i've darkened the right side of the trees outline. This is because our light source, being the same as the other tree, is the upper left area, as in the Sun.

Oturan Tree. Oturan18

Okay, 10 minutes later, and i've gone in and detailed the tree more. This will define the tree's attributes, being kinda narrow with spinney needles.

a natural part in being able to tell a tree from another Clapping

Oturan Tree. Oturan19

Alright. another 10 minutes have passed by, and I did the basic shadow shading.

Shadow shading is the part of shading that deals with the shadow...

Obvious huh? Since the light source is in the upper left, our shadow will start from near the right top part of the tree, and work its way down the right side, all the way to the bottom.

Now at the bottom of a tree, less light is hitting it because it's being blocked by other portions of the tree. Thus, we have more shadowing.

Oturan Tree. Oturan20

Alright! one dark color of shading is generally for a cel-shaded kind of presentation.

But since this is using a dynamically shaded base, all things must act accordingly.

I've went ahead and used another, but slightly lighter version of green, for a second layer of shading.

We don't cover the outlines of the whole tree with 2 different layers of shading. Why is this? Because that's pillow shading and it makes it seem like the middle of the tree is lighter than the outsides, and seems like a lightbulb is in the middle! Shocked

Anyways, for the next update...

Oturan Tree. Oturan21

Now I have a question, to dither, or not to dither? (the tiny dots of shading)

Tell me what you think. I could also re-do the tree that we have, to match this style. Kind of like taking the dithering part away, to make the shading more direct and dynamic!

1 more step to go ;D

Lastly, I went in one more time, added a little more shadow dithering, and added the light spots to the tree with some slight shading and dithering.

And finally I went on to the tree bark and created a dark bark with few highlights, so it shows that the sunlight is mainly blocked off by the tree's leaves and such, but not too dark and showing highlights for the reflective light off of other things like grass.

This is the final product, Enjoy Smile

Oturan Tree. Oturan23

Last edited by Tydon on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:08 am; edited 4 times in total

2Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 pm

gdog12356

gdog12356
Academy Student
Academy Student

Cool i like it!! Plus i also like the idea of having diffrent trees everywhere.

3Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 pm

Oturan

Oturan
Kage
Kage

Nice idea man. And about mist, i would think it would have palm trees (sort of) near the water. and snow pines more on the inland.

This is a great step in making Oturan look amazing Smile

http://oturanonline.ultimaterpg.org

4Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Hmm palm trees huh?

You're thinking that mist is a more tropical like region?

Great idea. I'll definitely look into it!

5Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Ninjamouse1

Ninjamouse1
Veteran
Veteran

Seeing as It's near the water I would have thought Mangroves would be there seeing as I've never thought of the Mist area as tropical enough for palm trees but that would still be cool.

6Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 am

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Are Mangroves the ones that look a little like Willows but don't droop so much?

I think we should have some Cypress near Mist, Bald Cypress if you want a specific one. They grew all around my ex's grandparents' lake house, beautiful.

Edit: Or some nice Black Oak trees, the have a huge spread and it's often beautiful. Like this one.

Yeah that's pretty much it, Mangroves are known to grow near water and often get pretty thick.

http://datgai.webs.com

7Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 am

Nabajo Vianl

Nabajo Vianl
Veteran
Veteran

i would think mist is more of a rain-forest type place wouldn't you? i mean because of the stuff that's around it, its in a forest first off, behind a waterfall. Lots of moisture, and nutrient soil. Or willow trees and/or what scipio said

http://www.z6.invisionfree.com/H4X0R

8Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

I am curruntly working on a Mangrove/Willow just to see if I can make it look decent, if it turns out well I'll post it and everything, at the very lesst it could be a landmark, like it marks where the entrance to Rain or Grass is.

9Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Tydon

Tydon
Kage
Kage

Awesome bro, i'm looking forward to seeing it.

I think i'll start on the blueprints for a Ramen Shop and Weapons shop soon.

10Oturan Tree. Empty Re: Oturan Tree. Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Scipio

Scipio
Chuunin
Chuunin

Haha, that damn Ramen Shop....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum