Oturan Online

The Official Forum of the naruto orpg, Oturan Online!

Welcome to Oturan Online
Hungry? Try checking out the Ramen Shop!
Please read the forum rules here!
Embrace the power of the Curse Mark! Check it out Here!

I forgot my password

Affiliates
Free Domains Forwarding

Latest topics
» Hello everyone, again!
Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:17 pm by radori

» Heyo, its a blast from the past
Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:39 am by radori

» Christian Louboutin Flats
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:07 am by cangliang

» Christian Louboutin Cheap
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:06 am by cangliang

» Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:05 am by cangliang

» Prada Belt
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:23 am by cangliang

» Armani Belts
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:22 am by cangliang

» gucci belt for men
Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:21 am by cangliang

You are not connected. Please login or register

I need to think!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I need to think! on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Oturan

Kage
Kage
I think that when i created oturan, i just kind of jumped into it, without any knowledge on what i would do. No plan, no real ideas, and no solid engine. No offense, but i regret letting others know about Oturan, until i had a decent chunk of the game done. Its not you guys, its just that the pressure of geting stuff done, takes over and I end up no doing anything. It seems like i don't know what im doing, and i dont even have an engine choice. I think i need to take another break from the forum, and team to get some real work done.

"The original Oturan"

Not just me, the team just works kind of free lance because i don't know what to tell you guys. During the time im gone, ill be developing a list for each of you to do over time.

So basically i just need a week to think "What is Oturan?". Cause right now, the answer is "A fan boy that has no idea what he's doing."

View user profile http://oturanonline.ultimaterpg.org

2 Re: I need to think! on Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:55 pm

YoungCoco

Veteran
Veteran
HA!

Dont be so ridiculous. Oturan is a game "started" by a fan who greatly adores the Anime. You don't need Coding skills to start one.....you dont need SFX or Spriting Skills to start one. What you need to start one is a sense of promotion.

Promote your idea to skilled artists and coders. These MMO attempts are so rare that they may jump at the chance to build one.

And promote your idea to the fans and potential members. Right now, I'm unofficially promoting. You, yourself, needs to get on that Google and search free advertisment forums or companies to promote it.

As for lists, all you had to say was that you have no set plan at the moment, and we would've continued with random distribution of our models.....WE would have liaised with eachother to build the game whilst YOU promoted it.

What it basically comes down to, is that you are contemplating giving up! Do that and you're a fool.

Let me tell you something. I enjoy Spriting. I am WAY below average in my skill, but I still enjoy it. And through this game, I am already seeing myself improve by great amounts. Goes to show that things can only get better.

View user profile

3 Re: I need to think! on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Oturan

Kage
Kage
I get what you mean. But im not thingking about giving up! XD

I'm just saying that in the current status Oturan is going no where, so im gonna make it go somewhere!

So don't worry, oturan the most dedicated project i've ever worked on. I wont give it up for anything really. I gave up starting my company just to continue Oturan.

So no worries, i just need some time to get myself together
O.K!

4 Re: I need to think! on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:38 am

Take all the time you need, last time you took a break heaps was done and everything was more organised, we would all benefit from having a list rather than waiting to recieve an assignment from you (especially in my case as due to timezones contacting each other is hard). Nobody who is truly behind this project will ever push you to work like a machine when you need to relax, enjoy the break and collect yourself and you'll feel much better.

View user profile

5 Re: I need to think! on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:11 am

YoungCoco

Veteran
Veteran
Ok, I accept that. Its just the way you originally wrote it made it seem like you were contemplating discontinuing the idea. Sorry if i sounded harsh dude.

View user profile

6 Re: I need to think! on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Oturan

Kage
Kage
No problem. Now that i re read it, i do sound a little depressing. But yea, its just for improving the game. In just one day I've come up with the engine plans for Oturan. As I've said before, Oturan will be 3 versions.

V1 being more like practice. Ripped graphics, and a quick development. I can do this one on my own because its basically just ripping. I can get help with mapping, but other then that, its all me. Iv'e already found an mmo platform engine and started ripping graphics for it.

ex.

V2 is where i will need some help. This version is much bigger, and is all custom graphics. While i work on V1, the spriters would be spriting for V2. This will kill 2 games with one team (2 birds with 1 stone XD). This has been planned to be in Eclipse 3.0/Solar Eclipse. Theres just 2 things on hold with this version.

ex.

1- Wait for the engines release (we can still work on graphics)
2- A sprite template to use.

I have one thing to ask to coco. Being the spriter, would you prefer working with your template, or ours? Ours is more detailed but takes a long time to sprite. Yours is less detailed, but very quick to sprite.

So which would you choose?

*V3 is planned to be a massive 3D mmo. With awsome 3D graphics, and a huge to explore. This version might now happen unless we are sponsored by Viz (owners of naruto) them selves.

Very Happy

7 Re: I need to think! on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:22 am

YoungCoco

Veteran
Veteran
I'll use yours. Mine is Chibi only, and incredibly small. Not to mention Chibi sprites in a game, except maybe Pokemon, aren't as appealing to players due to their lack of description.

By the way, that eclipse screenshot looks pretty good. Will we be using eclipse for the game then?

View user profile

8 Re: I need to think! on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:33 am

Oturan

Kage
Kage
kk, just wanted to know if you can handle the time to sprite all 32 sides of our template.

Yes, i'm using a side scroll version of eclipse for V1, and the soon to come Solar Eclipse for V2
Smile

9 Re: I need to think! on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 am

YoungCoco

Veteran
Veteran
Ok dude, send me the templates. Although, I have already told you that my work and private life would come before Spriting. I wont have as much time as you lot may have for other areas of the game, BUT, I'll work what I cn around whatever else I'm doing.

View user profile

10 Re: I need to think! on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 am

Oturan

Kage
Kage
K i will. But because your busy, it might be best to use your template. But if you can handle it, ok.

Ill PM you the original one. I will need to rearrange it when Solar Eclipse is released.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum